Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How long does it take carpet to dry after cleaning it with a Vax?

johnboy wrote:
We bought a Vax about a year ago but never got around to using it.

Plan to try it this weekend but not sure how long we should plan for
the room to be off limits?

Should I leave the heating on to help dry it out?

Depends on (a) the efficiancy of the vacuum recovery system and more
important (b) the material the carpet is made from.

For example if the carpet is wool or wool/nylon mix. Wool can absorb 40% of
its own weight of water & no vacuum can remove absorbed water. If its an
acrylic or nylon it can't absorb any water so the vac can remove almost
100%.

Ventilation is the key to fast drying, heating makes little difference. It
helps if you go over the carpet with suction only half an hour after
cleaning.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk