Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Wiring Humidifier to furnace

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
Last year I installed an Aprilaire 600 humidifier on my 30 yr old
oil/hotair furnace. Smacked myself for not doing it 20 yrs ago- It
didn't cost much more than one of the dozen or so portable humidifiers
I futzed with over those years. It did a better job of humidifying-
and was no work at all.

Thanks to whoever asked about one on this group- or I probably never
would have woke up.

But then I saw a great deal on a new furnace on Craigs list- and just
got done installing it. I just ran it through one cycle to test for
noise & leaks. The HVAC guy comes Friday to check my work & tune it
up.

On the old furnace I wired a transformer to the fan so when it kicked
on, the solenoid kicked on the humidifier. For the life of me I
can't remember how I did that now. The schematic in the [furnace's]
installation booklet don't make sense to me.

Could someone look at these and try to put into words where the
transformer wires-- 2 black & a green-- go?
Schematic
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ng_diagram.jpg
Humidifier hook-up
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...rwiring_sm.jpg

Thanks,
Jim

If you want the transformer to power up when the blower is on, connect it to
the white and black wires where the diagram shows the blower, unless you're
using the medium speed, then use the white and blue