Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring Humidifier to furnace

You're friends with a heating tech, but you're posting the
question, here? What am I missing?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
Last year I installed an Aprilaire 600 humidifier on my 30
yr old
oil/hotair furnace. Smacked myself for not doing it 20 yrs
ago- It
didn't cost much more than one of the dozen or so portable
humidifiers
I futzed with over those years. It did a better job of
humidifying-
and was no work at all.

Thanks to whoever asked about one on this group- or I
probably never
would have woke up.

But then I saw a great deal on a new furnace on Craigs list-
and just
got done installing it. I just ran it through one cycle to
test for
noise & leaks. The HVAC guy comes Friday to check my work &
tune it
up.

On the old furnace I wired a transformer to the fan so when
it kicked
on, the solenoid kicked on the humidifier. For the life
of me I
can't remember how I did that now. The schematic in the
[furnace's]
installation booklet don't make sense to me.

Could someone look at these and try to put into words where
the
transformer wires-- 2 black & a green-- go?
Schematic
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ng_diagram.jpg
Humidifier hook-up
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...rwiring_sm.jpg