Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default attached garage roof meets t1-11... how to flash?

On Oct 5, 9:09 pm, xparatrooper wrote:
and out onto the top course of the roof, covering the fasteners of
said course. There are instructions on how to do these procedures on
every bundle of shingles. How many jumps you got? Tom

Looks like the original installers didn't flash it at all. I've had
the house for 12 years and the garage was just tar and paper abutted
to the t1-11. I just finished putting bituthene on the whole roof
while I wait for next Spring to put on a metal roof. It will be
snowing up here in a couple days... so Spring will have to do. Looks
like maybe I can get up there with a worm drive and cut through the
t1-11 a couple inches above the roof line, and then attempt to pull
out the t1-11 enough to try to poke some flashing in behind for
drainage. Looks like a pain in the butt coming my way Any ideas
on what to use? a 6" roll and just bend it myself after it gets
tucked in? or some 10ft pieces of Z channel? I have about 20ft from
eave to peak on two sides.

I'd use aluminum coil stock, and find someone with a brake. You don't
have to install the shed flashing in one piece. Maybe two or even
three pieces with a three-inch lap. Enjoy. Tom