Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default Routing a groove length of a 2x4

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
Swingman wrote in
:

wrote:
Seems to me that this is job for a router table.

Need to put a groove down the length of a small (less than 3 feet)
2x4. Was thinking I could do this by hand. It's a small groove. Not
more than 3/8 of a inch or so and only about 1/2 deep.

Thoughts, recommendations?

MJ

Either a router table with a fence, or a dado stack in the table saw
... depends on what you have.

Personally, I would go for the dado stack on the TS, but I'm set up to
do that quicker, but either will work.

3/8" wide would only be 3-4 passes with a standard blade. No dado stack
needed.

Puckdropper
--

Either router table or table saw (no dado).