Posted to alt.home.repair
tom tom is offline

Default attached garage roof meets t1-11... how to flash?

On Oct 4, 11:23 pm, xparatrooper wrote:
so... how in the world can I flash from a roof to t1-11? just fill
the grooves with foam insulation rope and caulk (and then a face
board)? fill the grooves with caulk and run flashing in front? has
anyone done this? I just recently bituthened the joint, running up
the t1-11 about 5 inches. I figured I would screw a board into the
t1-11 and caulk the snot out of it... but that is basically how it was
done previously.. and it would occasionally leak a bit. What's a good
move here? Any input would be appreciated.

If this is a roof edge (rake edge) that meets the vertical siding,
it's done with step-flashing, i.e. one 5x7 or 8x8 inch flashing card
under each shingle that laps out into the lower course. These are
installed with a slightly 90 degree bend that slips up behind the
siding. If it's a shed type roof that meets the siding, it's done with
a flashing that starts a few inches up under the t1-11 and laps down
and out onto the top course of the roof, covering the fasteners of
said course. There are instructions on how to do these procedures on
every bundle of shingles. How many jumps you got? Tom