Wood Butcher

Default Kilz gloss

When I lived in Tucson I had a painter do my popcorn ceilings.
As I watched him scrape off the stained popcorn I asked him
why he just didn't seal it with Kilz. He told me that Kilz would
seal the pores in the popcorn and the final texture of the paint
would never match the unsealed stuff. I guess he was right.
He shot new popcorn where the stained stuff had been and the
final painted result was undetectable from the old popcorn areas.

You may need to scrape, re-popcorn, and repaint your offending
areas to get the match you want.

Art

"Agkistrodon" wrote in message
m...
I used the oil-based original Kilz to block some water damage to my
popcorn textured ceiling. Then I repainted with a flat finish ceiling
paint but the area where I used the Kilz is very glossy whilst the
rest is flat (as it was supposed to be). Anyone got any ideas about
how to proceed to flatten the gloss? I'll redo the ceiling if I have
to but I don't want a glossy ceiling.

Agkistrodon