Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Dayton electric motor capacitor, help identifying

Eric in North TX wrote:
On Sep 8, 11:50 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
Eric in North TX wrote: I have a 2hp Dayton (Grainger) model# 6K393N that has a missing
capacitor, I pulled the covers to check them, and one side, the longer
cover was empty, just the 2 wires. I'm hoping someone has one with
that model # that would be kind enough to look to see what value the
missing cap should be. There have to be 1000's of those out there, I
got it in a deal a while back, & hadn't tried to use it till the other
day, it didn't take long to find the problem, but now to find out what
cap it takes.....

Hi,
Google is your friend. Run capacitor is 5 MFD, 370V AC rating.

I spent quite a bit of time googleing before resorting to begging for
help, can you tell me where you found it. The other cap is there, it
is a 16mfd

Hi,
Do a search for starting capacitor Dayton 6K393 motor.
And send an email to a parts supplier when you come up with one.
www.eurtonelectric.com is the one to try. They sell caps for all kinds
motor. I did a search using capacitor dayton 3K693 motor.