Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Joining metric to Imperial pipe.

Anode notvalid wrote:

I want to join 15mm copper pipe to another pipe which is Imperial
polyethylene, Class C, low density to BS 1972/67, and installed
around 1968.
This polyethylene pipe is of nominal size half inch, with an outside
diameter of 21.5mm, wall thickness a little under 3mm. It is black in
colour, and is to be used overground.

For the connector, will it be all right to use a metal (such as
Kuterlite) 22mm to 15mm reducing fitting, with a three-quarter inch
imperial copper olive at the 22mm end going over the polyethylene
pipe? I have a metal pipe insert available that was left over from
when the pipe was originally installed in around 1968.

It sounds like the stuff that supplies water to my house. ISTR that 3/4"
compression fittings are ok with it - so a 22mm fitting with a 3/4" olive
should be ok.
--
Cheers,
Roger