Posted to uk.d-i-y
geraldthehamster geraldthehamster is offline

Default Floor varnish changing colour of floorboards

On Aug 28, 3:52*pm, John Rumm wrote:
RubberBiker wrote:
You need the Diamond Hard with the colour tint in it, or you need to
stain prior to varnishing. Clear diamond hard will not change the
colour significantly, nor will any other clear varnish.

IME most clear varnishes will darken the wood slightly. They may or may
not be enough for the effect you seek.

Thanks. I just wish I could remember what I used last time. I'm pretty
sure it was Ronseal, come to think of it. I guess I'll just sad a bit
of gash floorboard from the works upstairs, and experiment.

Cheers
Richard