Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Septic Drain Field Trouble

"benick" wrote

which is the point , I guess...That's what I did...So FIRST I would
inquire what the law is in YOUR state , county , ect. and make your
decision from threre...Here just pulling the permit for doing it means you
LOSE anything that's grandfathered and EVERTHING has to be up to current
codes....If you

That's unfortunate but you are right for him to ask about local codes.
Pulling a permit to make *repairs* does not in any area I've heard of before
you, mandate total upgrade. That doesnt mean an unscrupulous contractor
might not lie about that though.

Had that happen to me when trying to fix renters damage. Fortunately I know
enough to not be taken in. I also used a different *honest* company for the
work that didnt tell lies like that.