Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default killing pigeons

cm wrote:
I need to kill some pigeons. Any ideas. I could care less if it's
illegal.
I have tried ant poison, and decon rat/mouse killer as well as
automotive anti freeze.

Thanks,

It's futile. As some great warrior once said: "The penis is mightier than
the sword," by which he meant that your enemy can breed faster than you can
kill them.

That said, there is a certain satisfaction by stacking up the bodies. To be
effective, you must consider their milieu. For example, one NY taxi driver
worked out a system whereby he would slow down as he approached a pigeon,
then stomp on the accelerator. The pigeon thought the taxi was going to give
him the right-of-way and was lulled into a sense of complacency. As a
result, the taxi got too close for the pigeon to respond to the taxi's
surge. The cab driver giggled like a little girl, removed the pigeon from
the grillwork, and added another silhouette to the front fender.

Obviously the taxi-driver's technique won't work on 34th-story window ledge.

There are several techniques he
http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-pigeons.htm

But the list is not exhaustive. It does not include, for example, pet hawks
or even paper-mache owls.

My favorite is a bolt-action .22 rifle with sub-sonic bullets; it's nearly
silent.