Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default Aldi generator

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:18:59 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley
wrote:

Didn't choose it, didn't buy it, avoid using the thing, but yes, I've
got one.

You don't sound too keen! Why do you avoid it?

It's better than not having one. OTOH, I can pick up far better Honda
4 strokes S/H from farm auctions for a pittance, and they're bigger,
quieter, dead easy to service (buy a whole new GX120 at the next farm
auction!) and I suspect use less fuel too.

I have heard Honda is the name to buy for generators, is that so?

What is a farm auction and can anyone (i.e. non-farmers) go?

Thanks.