Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Home sewer pipe relining

clipped

The line was roto-rooted a couple days ago, and then again with bigger
blades, all the way out to the city sewer. I keep thinking a clogged
vent pipe might be a lot of the reason the toilet backs up.

The sewer in our condo clogged four times before a video was done of the
inside of the pipe (old cast iron). Before the video, it was "cleaned"
....some kind of pressure washing of inside of pipe ... which was
supposed to make the inner surface smooth. It finally was discovered
that the bottom side of the pipe was entirely gone - on one occasion, a
bunch of wet-wipes was rooted out. On other occasion, nothing was found
that caused the blockage. Any kind of fibrous stuff - paper, tampons,
vegetable waste - can hang up on the rough edges. Our condo assn.
hasn't seen fit to repair the sewer - they are too busy having a ****ing
match about how many vehicles on owner can park in a lot that hasn't
been filled to capacity for about 5 years.