Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry L Harry L is offline

Default Combining extension cords?

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:18:22 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

"LouB" wrote in message
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , "William Munny"
wrote:
"k" wrote in message
I bought a B&D 12 amp electric mower that I need a 100 feet of
extension cord for. Would it be advisable to combine two cords, which
I already have, for the 100 feet or do I need to get a 100' cord?

Thanks.
Matters not as long as the wire gauge is heavy enough to avoid current
drop-- though you might want to pick up a locking device for the wire
junction so you don't keep pulling it apart.

Pffft. No need for that -- it's a simple enough matter to loop the cords
around each other at the junction to keep them from pulling apart.

YAbut the result will be less than 100 feet long:-))

What's the big deal? If they didn't want you to daisy chain extension
cords, they would hard wire a long tail to a tool.

And multi strip plugs. Each one will plug in six more strips. The number
of final outlets is infinite.

Or so some people think...............................

It'd take an infinite amount of time to collect infinite power strips,
and you'd need infinite space to put them in.

Then, some outlets would be infinitely far from the power source,
connected by an infinite length of wire, in infinitely many pieces
with infinitely many connectors. Expect an infinite voltage drop.

Now consider that infinity doesn't exist in the real world...