Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Combining extension cords?

In article , "William Munny" wrote:
"k" wrote in message
I bought a B&D 12 amp electric mower that I need a 100 feet of
extension cord for. Would it be advisable to combine two cords, which
I already have, for the 100 feet or do I need to get a 100' cord?

Thanks.

Matters not as long as the wire gauge is heavy enough to avoid current
drop-- though you might want to pick up a locking device for the wire
junction so you don't keep pulling it apart.

Pffft. No need for that -- it's a simple enough matter to loop the cords
around each other at the junction to keep them from pulling apart.