Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Drilling Hardy Plank Siding

benick wrote:
"red" wrote in message
Anybody have any tips for working with Hardy (Hardie?) plank siding?
I've volunteered to hang some hooks on a hardy plank wall. Will I
need masonry bit to drill holes? I know the manufacturer isn't keen
on installers using screws to hang the siding. Does that apply to
"accessories" also? I'm guessing fiber/cement board isn't intended
for weight bearing applications and I'll have to make sure to find
studs or at least reach the sheathing if she wants anything heavy
hung.

Thanks,
Chris

Fasteners must be corrosion resistant, galvanized, or stainless
steel...I'd find the studs....

Right. And drill a hole in the HardiePlank such that it doesn't bind on the
plank.