Posted to alt.home.repair
scorpionleather scorpionleather is offline

Default Pool replastering DIY how-to guides?

I called a major pool plaster manufacturer to ask where I can buy the
plaster aggregate, and they got curious what kind of project I'm working on.
I explained that I'm going to replaster the pool as a DIY job with a friend
who professionally builds pools (just the two of us). Basically, it sounded
like he thought I'd be crazy to try it. He said I'd need at least a team of
5 people. You would've thought I asked him about performing brain surgery
on his dog with no experience.

Ok maybe plastering is challenging, but I doubt it's THAT hard. I have the
feeling that a certain amount of this attitude is to protect the industry
profitability in this secretive trade. I can't even figure out where to buy
plain white pool plaster. With the contracting industry in decline after
the housing crash the plasterers are probably guarding their methods and
materials even closer.