Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default smoking light bulbs

On Jun 2, 9:03*pm, grodenhiATgmailDOTcom wrote:
We have two sconce lights on our wall. *Each has a single light bulb
(the candleabra) style. *I put the bulbs in a few years ago and have
never had an issue (the bulbs were within the wattage range for the
fixtures. *The last two times the lights have been on for a few hours
the bulbs begin to emit a burning smell and small pufts of smoke is
coming off the bulbs. *The fixture itself is still cool to the touch
(as is the part mounted the the wall). *The bulbs have a filmy/sticky
feel to them now...

Could that stickyness be nicotine? (Shot in the dark)