Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Ideas for stabilizing a four poster bed?

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote
cshenk told us...
"bobmct" wrote

We have an old four poster bed that wiggles a lot. It appears that

Lots of answers (and some fun). My take is it is loose so there's wiggle
room 'side to side' where the hook goes into the post slot. I'm assuming
that there is no other problem from your post.

Grin, get a box of toothpicks and fill the excess on the inner side so it
doesnt show, until they are tight.

Glad you didn't suggest toothpaste. That should be reserved for filling
nail holes in drywall. :-)

Hehehe just had to have a little fun with all the guys here and in fact,
that solution *did* work for us on a side to side 'shimmy' that made noise
when hubby and I were doing 'adult stuff' and the noise was making the
'kidlit' want to investigate...

Really, it worked.