Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Ideas for stabilizing a four poster bed?

"bobmct" wrote

We have an old four poster bed that wiggles a lot. It appears that
where the side rails fit into the posts (metal hooks that hang over
steel pins in the post slot) it has become sloppy over time.

Lots of answers (and some fun). My take is it is loose so there's wiggle
room 'side to side' where the hook goes into the post slot. I'm assuming
that there is no other problem from your post.

Grin, get a box of toothpicks and fill the excess on the inner side so it
doesnt show, until they are tight.

Yeah I know, the guys want you to replace the hardware and that's probably
more 'elegant' but if your bed is like my old queensized one with that
problem, I fixed it with 50cents worth of toothpicks.