Posted to alt.home.repair
Kyle Kyle is offline

Default "shallow" utility sink?

On May 24, 3:52*pm, Kyle wrote:
In the house Wife and I just bought, the previous owners configured
the laundry/heater room in such a strange way that the hookups for a
sink/utility tub are behind the door to the room. What this means is
there's only about 18" front to back depth in which to put a utility
sink/tub.

Anyone know of such a thing? A search of the usual home supply
suspects (big box stores, Northeast Plumbing Supply, etc.) turns up
nothing.

Or am I out of luck? 'Cause I really hate having to rinse out paint
brushes and the like in the kitchen sink or the downstairs bathroom...

Thanks to JoeSpareBedroom and a few others, I realize I was not clear
in my explanation of my need. For one thing, "shallow" refers to the
front-to-back dimension of the sink, not depth of the sink bowl. There
isn't really anywhere to move the existing hookups, which are on a wet
wall shared with a bathroom. For one thing, the only real available
walls are block - this is the lower level of a bi-level and the wall
are block up to about 4' and then drywall over stud (and outside walls
to boot).

For those asking for layout to offer moving options, I have created a
rough, not-to-scale sketch (thanks to MS Paint) which I've posted at
http://yfrog.com/11laundryroomp

As you can see in the sketch, we're constrained by the HVAC and water
heater that can't be moved, and the doors that have to be dealt with -
both the two doors into the room (garage on left, family room on
right) and the doors to the washer, dryer, and upright freezer.

The hook-ups behind the one door are already there, so if there's a
sink that would fit, that would be the least-difficult option. While
not perfect, it would be better (I hope) than nothing.

Thanks for all help and suggestions!