Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Jessop Phil Jessop is offline

Default how to wallpaper on glass ?

"Eddy" wrote in message
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddy.

I would use 1/8" MDF cut to size for each mirror, then attach to mirrors
with strong double sided carpet tape - then wallpaper the (sized) mdf. You
can then fairly easily rip off the mdf and remove the carpet tape with a
solvent later if desired.