Posted to uk.d-i-y
Eddy[_2_] Eddy[_2_] is offline

Default how to wallpaper on glass ?

Mungo \Two Sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
I think it's a really bad idea to wallpaper glass in case it gets broken in
the future by someone who doesn't know it's there.

Good thought, Si. You're obviously safety-conscious, which is good.

But the paper I've selected is sturdy one, so if somebody were to press
against one of the panels and crack the mirror the paper would almost
certainly hide the crack and stop any slivers of glass from getting
away. Also the mirrors are stuck into the wood panels by way of
adhesive on their backs, so if somebody snapped one of the mirrors they
wouldn't tumble down.

So I don't think hiding the mirrors behind wallpaper is a problem.

The problem is how to adhere the paper to the mirrors with a good finish
and possible be able to remove it at a later date.

Eddy.