Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 22mm compression fittings: spanners required?

Stephen wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 18:16:00 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

I'd have called those water pump pliers.

That's what I call them too (rightly or wrongly). The pliers I have
now are useless; whenever I try to grip anything, the jaws slip open
to their widest setting. I guess it's time to buy a better make.

I bought a set in Aldi (possibly Lidl) a couple of years ago. Stiltson
wrench, set of water pump ish pliers designed to do up compression wastes -
really useful and a pair of water pump pliers. The latter had one jaw going
through the other rather that laying on top - IYSWIM.

Anywho, never slips, best I've ever used & whole set cheap as chips.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk