Posted to rec.woodworking
CC CC is offline

Default Drawer stops

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote

I have thought about drilling a hole in the drawer bottom at the
very
back and dropping in a small bolt that will act as a stop and can
easily be lifted out when needed but I have never actually done it.
If
I made kids furniture I might do it.
=================================

Funny you should mention that. I used to own a massive oak desk and
that is exactly what they did for both the drawers and the slideout
writing surfaces.

But the bolt the used was a fancy one. All smooth, no threads and a
round, flat top. I think it wa bronze?? It looked similar to what
is used on a T bolt. No idea where to find them. But something stock
can be found, I am sure. It worked well.

The description almost sounds like the male part of a rivet
They are often made of soft metals for ease of mashing
over the washer side. I remember my father replacing the
pads on brake shoes that were held on with copper rivets,
He had the tool to knock in the rivet (looked like a punch
mounted on a "c" clamp and that was hammered to mash
over the ends of the stud, This was over 50 years ago.
CC