Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim In FL Jim In FL is offline

Default Drawer stops

I'm thinking of building (by her request actually) my wife a chest/bureau
type piece for our second bedroom. It's general storage, and not used
(open/closed) much. I thought I'd seize the opportunity to try some things I
haven't done before. I'd like to make a real nice piece of furniture,
similar to a cherry dining room sideboard type thing I remember from my
childhood. All wood, frame/panel dust panels, INSET doors/drawers. (Might
even try my first beaded face frame - don't know if I want to get that nervy
with inset doors though.)

This will be about 16-18" deep, 46-48 long, 42 high. I don't want to use
metal drawer guides - which finally brings me to my question. I've searched
all over and picked up a lot of tips on integrating the structures that will
support and guide the drawers in and out, and the kickers for tipping, etc.
But for some reason everything I've found is very vague about stopping the
drawers, both going in, and coming out, and the ability to remove them. My
thought is that there should be accepted, common methods to do this (many
probably, some better than others) and since I'm starting with a blank
slate, I can take this opportunity to do it right and learn some new stuff.

Open to all suggestions. Thanks for reading and extra thanks if you've got
something for me !

Jim in FL

(Totally unrelated but had to tell someone - I just made up my mind - I'm
going to buy a Domino. Been thinking about it forever to the point where
every project I do I think "well I could have done it THIS way if I had a
Domino")