Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Osborne Dave Osborne is offline

Default Wiring a PIR

Thomarse wrote:

Sorry to seem "dim" - pardon the pun, but is there a way you could
explain the wiring in an idiot proof fashion? Hopefully I am not an
idiot and i have wired up many standard lights and switches in my
time, however I am struggling to follow your explanation for the PIR
wiring. I have found so many wanys of wiring them online that I have
confused myself so the more basicyou can make it the more chance it
has of sinking in!

So I currently have a standard set up of light, standard switch, wired
though a junction box with live, neutral and switched live - How do I
get the PIR wired into this setup.

Also, why do the instructions show a diagram with the blue wire being
connected to nothing?

Many thanks again for your help!

Tom

Can you scan and upload the instructions, along with a photograph of the
internals of the PIR and pictures of your existing installation (J-box,
switch and light fitting)?