Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Fence Panels - Concrete slotted posts - replacing panels

"John" wrote in message

"mogga" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:30:12 -0000, "John"
wrote:

I need to replace a couple of panels at my daughter's house this week -
I'll
be trying it single handed.

Any tips on how to get a panel up six feet to drop it in.

Watch that horrid utube vid first if you're not convinced by the
other's commments to get help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKRZf7fBozs
WARNING IT'S GROSS!

Really excellent justice.

Panels arrived today - really heavy - the slats are about 100thick!

Managed to lift one onto adjacent shed roof and stopped to take stock. Might
try and use overhanging branch and a rope to pull up the top edge with the
bottom edge resting on the top of the posts. The trouble is it may bend the
branch down and not leave me with enough clearance.

I may even end up partly dismantling the panel and fitting it in pieces.