Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Casper Casper is offline

Default Nostepinne

I made my wife a dough rolling pin from seasoned (dry) bradford pear.
Within a year it had split. Have made a lot of bowls from it with
hardly any cracks.

Looks nice!
Gerald Ross

Thanks ... and I hope mine doesn't split. I have yet to decide how to
turn the rest but I already love the color and grain! Most of my
pieces are small so I'll be choosing carefully.

I put the pen in for size appreciation. Most nostepinnes I have seen
are only about an inch in diameter and are difficult or painful to use
for folks with arthritis. So, I made mine more substantial.

I can also use it on hubby ... just kidding.

`Casper