Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tom Tom is offline

Default Hotpoint Dishwasher Flooding

On 17 Feb, 22:45, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Feb 17, 11:05 am, Tom wrote:

There is no under unit drip tray with additional float valve

That sounds strange as the float element for this model is available
he

http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishwa...83/808/0/0/492...

and the
castle like overflow near the lower wash arm in this model is merely a
blanking plate

...but then I guess not given this - the water would never reach the
base.

I was going to suggest perhaps the filling mechanism is on a timer to
limit any overflow condition, but I would've thought the conventional
float valve would be easier (not least given the provision for the
overflow turret). Besides which, if your pressure sensor was dodgy the
timer should've prevented the flood.

Could the pressure sensor be dual-stage e.g. first stop for 'machine
full', second for 'overfilled'? (the number of connections to it will
give this away). A potential single point of failure but perhaps it is
usually quite reliable.

Mathew

Thanks Mathew.

From what I can gather the model changed around 2004 so I assume mine
is post overflow turret and tray (cost cutting?) where a similar
looking blanking turret has been used instead.

I would go with your theory of the water shut off being on a timer as
it operates with the door open (assume pressure switch needs door
sealed). My flood situation seems to suggest that the timer
temporarily failed but no secondary flood protection kicked in before
the level reached the front door seal.