Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Hotpoint Dishwasher Flooding

On Feb 18, 12:05 am, Tom wrote:

Can't believe there is only the one flood safety shut off but my
experience seems to points to this for this model. Can anybody help
please?

My experience with a different brand is that food particles can get
near the water level switch and cause a malfunction. And in old
washers they just flood all over the electrics and your kitchen. In
newer washers there is likely to be a water leak detector which shuts
off the washer and shows a warning light and needs to be reset by an
engineer.
Next time I build a kitchen or bathroom I want to put a drain in the
floor!