Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Cap Andy Cap is offline

Default Car boot light

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 22:31:41 +0000, asalcedo
wrote:

The light in the boot of my car does not light up.

I have checked the bulb and it is fine.

I have checked the voltage at the bulb holder without the bulb and with
the ignition key turned on and it is 12V

However, when I put the bulb in the holder it does not light up and the
voltage is 0, even with the ignition key turned on.

Where is the fault?

Thanks,

Antonio

Well, clearly that 12V is not across the bulb terminals. If one pin has 12V on
it to earth, then the earth connection to the other pin must be missing. Check
the resistance to earth of the non-12V pin.