Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodriver Lathe Chuck

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:21:48 -0600, James wrote:

Hi Group, Can anyone tell me who makes the Woodriver lathe chuck? I need
to contact them. I would like to know what the threads are on their
adapters because I've acquired a three jaw chuck and need to convert it.
Thanks, Jim

While I've never used one, the horror stories I've heard about 3 jaw
chucks make me wonder why you want one. Is there some specific use for
which a 3 jaw chuck is better than a 4 jaw?

If not, I'd suggest just getting the Wood River chuck. I've got one and
it works fine. The only limitation is that there aren't many different
jaw sets for it. It comes with #2. AFAIK, a #1, a #3, and a small Cole
jaw set with 8" capacity are it.

--
It's turtles, all the way down