Posted to uk.d-i-y
BusaC BusaC is offline

Default Gable end roof extension

On 31 Jan, 11:26, Lobster wrote:
BusaC wrote:
I am planning to extend a 1960’sGableended Bungalow. The height to
theroofof the Bungalow is just over 4m at a 30 degree angle. Ideally
I would like to make theextensionthe same height elongating the
Bungalow but when researching Extensions most seem to drop a metre and
have a step in theroofheight however this would reduce the ceiling
height.
So what are the problems of extending the existingGableendroofat
the same height?

We had our house extended - it's a 2-storey L-shaped semi - by extending
thegable-endedendof the 'L'.. theroofline just continued on from
the old one, and since we used reclaimed tiles you can't even tell where
the new bit starts (except by looking at the length of next door's 'L'!

So other than what Hugo's already said at about local planning
constraints, I can't see any particular problem.

David

Hi David
We are doing something similar hopefully ending with a T shape. Any
Tips on making the job go smoothly? We are just at the planning ideas
stage.
Chris