Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default aldi cement mixer?

wrote in message
Lime mortar you can do very nicely with a mixing paddle attachment on
an sds drill (screwfix do the paddles). I measure out into a trug, mix
it there - keep it wrapped in a binbag - and knock it up again as I
need it.

I'm told lime mortar can be a bit too sticky for a mixer with the
blades in it - forms a clump that remains lodged - but that you can
cut the blades out with an angle grinder.

As far a mixers go, I always hire (when I'm doing concrete) - and have
found the belle minimix is a great deal more capable than the cheapies.

I got a 150 belle minimix off ebay. The 110v versions were cheaper that the
240v ones but as I already had 2 transformers that suited me. It has got to
be the best mixer on the market for its money.

Storage is not usually a problem as someone usually wants to borrow it!

Adam