Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] auctions@sheldononline.co.uk is offline

Default Howdens and IKEA kitchens

On Feb 1, 6:44*pm, (D.M.
Procida) wrote:
The builder who's working for us at the moment looked very scornful at
the idea of IKEA kitchens, and said that Howdens - a trade-only supplier
he uses - make much better quality kitchen units.

Since I have no way of judging this matter, who is a decent-quality
maker of kitchens? The last new kitchen we had I made myself, so I
haven't any experience of buying them.

Daniele

IKEA recommend that all flat pack furniture fittings are tightened
annually. That's enough to persuade me not to buy a kitchen from them!
Howden's units are more stable because they are glued and dowelled
rather than using cams and pins.

Howden's prices are similar to IKEA if you bargain hard enough,
although the fitter may add a mark up. Factor in the time your fitter
would spend assembling, and Howden's should be noticeably cheaper
overall. Cabinet sizes available are different, so your design may
need to be altered accordingly.