Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Howdens and IKEA kitchens

D.M. Procida wrote:

The builder who's working for us at the moment looked very scornful at
the idea of IKEA kitchens, and said that Howdens - a trade-only supplier
he uses - make much better quality kitchen units.

Since I have no way of judging this matter, who is a decent-quality
maker of kitchens? The last new kitchen we had I made myself, so I
haven't any experience of buying them.

I've been fitting a Howdens kitchen this week.
No problem at all with the units and fittings, and at a reasonable
price.
Everything is sturdy, and goes together very well.The units are
pre-built, saving a lot of time against flat packed units, as well as
keeping quality up.
There was a rather major problem with the delivery of it on Tuesday.
It appears the person I was dealing with was pretty useless, and hadnt
took much notice of the shortages, when, with a few phone calls it could
have been rectified easily. Another person I spoke to on Wednesday was
very apologetic, and sorted it all out in less than half an hour, and
got the missing bits to me by 1pm.
It restored my faith in them.

I'm not sure that Ikea would be so willing to rectify matters so
quickly, firstly as they have fewer outlets, secondly, their outlets are
far further apart. However, if they have everything in stock, then it
doesnt matter.

Alan.