Posted to uk.d-i-y
R[_5_] R[_5_] is offline

Default How much mortar

"Zen83237" wrote in message

"R" wrote in message

"Zen83237" wrote in message
Very quick question. How many bags of sand will I need to lay 80 bricks
for the base of a greenhouse.

How big are your bags of sand required?

The normal Wickes size of from my local builders merchant. I can't see
that it will need many.

Prolly 3 or 4 bags, plus a bag of OPC, add water, mix thoroughly to a nice
stiff creamy consistency, add to faces of brick, lay brick in a straight
line where you need it, repeat for another 79 bricks making courses as you
go to required height. Leave a small gap at the lowest points for water
escape when the garden hose stays on when you go watch TV.
Finish job.
Make a cuppa
Stand back and watch next doors cat pee all over them ;-)