Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fictitious@gmail.com is offline

Default Cleaning an electric blanket

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:54:44 -0000, "Tim Downie"
wrote:

Our cat got shut in accidentally & peed on our bed, just what you don't want
to find as you prepare to go to bed. :-(

The pee managed to soak through the duvet, the sheets, the matress cover &
the electric blanket.

To be honest, I can't smell much on the blanket but I *know* it's got cat
wee in it and I'd rather it didn't. It's not a washable blanket and I'm
wondering if there are any options other than binning it.

Would sponging and drying the affected area be safe or a recipe for
disaster?

Tim

Chuck it in the bin ya clatty monkey . FFS..How much does an elec
blanket cost .Better still dont buy a replacement .Do without or buy a
HWB and fill it from the hot tap .
And what about the rest of the stuff incl the mattress ...I'd be
chucking the lot out and that's from someone who had 3 cats at one
time . Cat's **** is the Devil's work..!!!!