Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default How to fix ignition spark on gas cooker hob

"hg" wrote in message ...

"tonyjeffs" wrote in message
How do they work - is there a crystal or a transformer to generate the
high voltage?
Taking the easy bits of the hob apart - removing the plate with the
taps, all I can see is the battery holder, the underside of the switch
which is ok, and the 'spark plug' by each of the four burners.
I've cleaned them and fitted a new battery, but it still doesn't work.
Is there something else, maybe below the burner that I need to loook
at?

Thanks

Tony

Follow the leads back from the ignitors (spark plugs) thats the generator.
Check the input by removing the wires at the gen which come from the
switch and battery with a meter if possible, do you have a circuit? if so
the generators faulty. If not disconnect the switch and connect these 2
wire together, do you have a circuit now? if so its the switch.

ive found when fixing these things duracell batteries will do the trick
where others wont work or quickly fail.

Take care not to get a shock. On mine I have to be careful to ensure the hob
top is grounded to the base part - as I found when just lifting the top to
take a look.