Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default CFL with Dusk-to-Dawn sensor

The Medway Handyman wrote:
mike wrote:
I've just fitted an exterior light with dusk-to-dawn sensor which
specifies an E27 11W ES lamp.

Bought E27 11W ES and then discovered it says not to be used with
dusk- to-dawn sensors.

Put lamp in anyway, and it works.

Why wouldn't it work and am I shortening the life of the lamp by
using it with a d2d?

I've got an exterior light outside with a 11w es lamp and a d2d
sensor. Been there 3 - 4 years, got it from Wickes.

Snap. It's not been a problem. I think that's been up 5years plus replacing
a similar fitting that had worked satisfactorily for possibly eight years
with only one lamp being replaced. Fitting was replaced due to sunlight
crazing the plastic lens.