Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Low Gas Pressure

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:26:39 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Ed Sirett writes:

Quite probably, not all areas, not even most will have a problem. It's
far worse in Bulgaria ;-)

I bet they don't bother to purge the the whole network and everyone's
home pipework before allowing it back on;-)

Never having being to Bulgaria I don't know what type of equipment is
commonly used. It might well be industrial type kit and communal heating.

Sorry for the late question, I have been away for a few days, but what would
happen in this country if a sizeable area actually lost its gas supply and
needed to be reconnected?

In my house the combi should be fine. The sensor will detect no gas and
close the valve off. I am sure my cooker would fill the house up with gas if
it lost its gas supply and then was reconnected. The closest scenario I can
find is when a gas main got filled with water in a nearby village (about 10
years ago) and each house on the supply had to be checked at the meter. That
was over 200 houses and it took a few weeks before everyone was back to
normal. I believe that every house had to be disconnected at the meter and
connected back up one by one.

Adam