Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Snowy Picture on LG Plasma TV

Randy wrote:
My LG plasma (42px50) has a "snowy" background. By "snowy" I mean
that a constantly changing random pattern of isolated pixels flash - a
little like the old days when you would see static on the screen if
your antenna wasn't positioned properly. This isn't as pronounced as
that, but the idea is similar. This applies across all inputs (cable
box, DVD, etc.) I have component cables from the DVD and HDMI from
the cable box. I have tried replacing the cables and the cable box,
but he problem is consistent. Even during that momentary black screen
that occurs when switching between inputs, the snow remains. It seems
clear to me that this problem is not coming from the components or
from the cables, but must be with the tv itself. Even when I select
an input that is not connected to any device, the snowy picture
continues.

Does anybody know why this might be happening or what I can do to
correct it? Thanks.

A noisy or oscillating powersupply?