Posted to uk.d-i-y
Private Enquirer Private Enquirer is offline

Default Low Gas Pressure

"cynic" wrote in message

Ye canna change the laws of physics captain ...

That (and the other poster) is the best answer I have had so far. BG may
have official published specs agreed with CORGI but it is clear that I am
seeing problems with their distribution. On the cold day with big demand my
governor had not actually cut in to do its job and all I was seeing was
direct pressure fluctuations in my newly plastic lined old iron pipe. They
re-laid the gas big street main using a push in plastic liner which is
obviously smaller than the original iron pipe. I should have called BG out
on a cold day to get a more realistic reading. The evidence was lost on a
warm day and everything appeared to me normal, although I suspect I should
not see a 5mb drop at the meter if the actual street supply is up to spec.

Thanks for that explanation