Posted to alt.home.repair
RonABC RonABC is offline

Default Tile choices over linoleum and/or plywood.

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
Thanks. That may be an option, and even though I think I could do the
installation, I like the idea of having someone else do it who does these
types of installations for a living.

Yeah, I'd stick with that approach. It might look easy, but that's one
job that I personally believe requires quite a bit of finesse, and only
one chance to get it right.

The good news is that I measured the kitchen again yesterday and it is
11'-6" X 15"-6". So, the installers could put down a new floor using a
12-foot roll and not have to ahve any seams in the middle.

I am noticing that the big box stores such as HD and Lowes seem to have less
and less in terms of different styles etc. to choose from -- both for tiles
and sheet flooring. So, I'll have to see if I can find a place that has
more choices and can do the installation. I heard an ad on the radio this
morning about a place called Floors USA, but they only have one store in my
area and it is too far away to be worth making the trip.