Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Home made attic elevator

clipped

I've cleaned out a lot of attics in my time, helping people move, or
doing estate cleanouts. In most cases, the vast majority of the stuff
up there is crap not worth storing, or if it was good when it went up
there, was trashed by the summer heat and winter damp.

--
aem sends...

I would love to make a career of cleaning attics......my favorite
antiques came from a condemned house. I had to wear roach-proof
clothing, take in a shovel and rake to move the trash so's I could get
my treasures out. It was February, so the roaches were a bit slow. On
my final inspection, I thought I might have found an antique Teddy bear,
but it was a dead cat. Didn't pick it up ) I doused my "new" pie
safe and walnut table with bleach once I got them outside. I would not
have asked my husband to partake, but my best gal pal was game for
almost anything. Country auctions were my favorite entertainment for me
and children......fine furniture, cheap food, room to run.

Paper doesn't do well in attics, but I have a trunk that has crossed the
ocean and spent 154 years in cellars and attics, none the worse for
wear )