Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Electric water heater - not enough hot water

"Steve Barker" wrote in message
You may need to flush the deposits off the bottom of the tank. They not
only insulate the flame from the water and slow the recovery, but if they
are deep enough, they reduce the actual water capacity. I pulled (with a
coat hangar) a BUSS TUB full of deposits off the bottom of mine once upon
a time. Of course if you do this, be prepared to replace it. Mine
started leaking the next week after that.

they should be flushed at least a couple times a year.

wrote in message
I have a 14 year old electric water heater (40 gal, 2 4500w
elements). The water temp begins to cool down significantly in the
middle of a second shower. There are only 2 people in the house.

Thermostats work - both come on and off normally depending on how I
set them and they properly apply voltage to the heating elements.
Both heating elements show 15 ohms and draw 17+ amps.

Anybody got an idea what the problem could be?

TIA

Chuck

How did you miss the part about it being electric