Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stokesbr@cox.net is offline

Default Phillips model 50PL9126D/37 lamp problem

A buddy of mine told me about this problem with his tv, so I told him
I'd check with this group - television plays fine for awhile (didn't
say exactly how long), then the lamp failure light blinks and the set
shuts down. After sitting a bit (cool off), it will start back up and
repeat the problem. If he puts a fan blowing directly where the lamp
is located, the set will play no problem. I am going to check fan/fans
for operation and any obstructions in the area, but I wanted to know
if any techs have seen this, with this particular model. Does the fan
run continueously or is it temp controlled? Thanks in advance group.