Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Jeff D[_2_] Jeff D[_2_] is offline

Default light Weight ceiling treatment

Looking for suggestions for a light weight ceiling material for a pole barn.
It has a truss system on 8ft centers with nailers on 30" centers for the
metal roof. I insulated with foam board and added additional 2x supports
between the nailers so I have supports every 15". I want to do it as a
cathedral ceiling and will only have an end wall truss a center truss and an
interior wall built against the next truss. So the floor area is 16ft wide
and 30ft long, the trusses span the 30ft length. I've considered a metal
grid system with the lightweight flimsy tiles but looking for other ideas.
I'm not against using those cheesy faux styrofoam beams to hide fasteners on
a sheet type of ceiling, but not sure what to use because of the limited
structural support.